Whatever idea of ‘home’ is, chances are it’s something you’ve thought about. Maybe even a lot. Some people spend so much time worrying whether they’ll make the right decision that they end up making no decision at all. Sound familiar?
If you have been sitting on the fence wondering whether to buy your first home or investment property in Perth, here are a few reasons that might help you take that leap sooner than later.
Personal benefits of owning your own home:
- More freedom to make your own decisions
- Privacy to do what you want, when you want
- Feeling of security and being more in control of your life
- Sense of pride that comes with home-ownership
Financial benefits of owning your own home:
- Build equity, which grows when the market value of your home increases or when you make extra payments on your mortgage
- Your costs are predictable and more stable than renting, when on a fixed-rate mortgage
- Mortgage repayments are a way of saving money
- Taking that important step to create a nest egg for your future
Social benefits of owning your own home:
- Homeowners move far less frequently than renters and are more connected with the same neighbourhood and community for a longer period of time
- Sense of civic pride as homeowners tend to have a much greater financial stake in their suburbs than renters
- Opportunities to widen your social circle by joining a sporting or community club
The dream of owning your own home is a rational one and still considered one of the best retirement options. Call SOMO 08 9202 9292 to find out more.